This document describes our privacy practices as well as your choices regarding use, access and correction of personal data.
What do we collect
We only collect information about you that you provided to us, for example to provide our service or to communicate with you. It can either be information you provide or collected automatically.
Basic account information (ex: email, password) are required to operate your service and allow you to log in. Billing information (ex: company, address) are only collected at your initiative to provide invoices addressed to you. Credentials (ex: basic auth, API key) can be collected at your initiative to make a URL requiring authentication. Extra contact details (ex: email address, phone numbers) can be collected at your initiative to send alerts to additional people.
- Private data can potentially be collected from the web page you're monitoring or load testing if you choose to use the Body text confirmation feature for example as dosattack.me have to keep the body of the page in case of downtime. We log information like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system.
- We collect information about your usage of our service. For example, we collect information about the pages you visit or site parts that you check the most. We use this information to get insights on how people use our service, so we can make it better.
- We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our service from certain geographic regions.
Note: Financial information (ex: credit card number, name, expiry date of card etc.) are not collected by us, they go directly to the payment services provider and only when you make a purchase. If you choose auto re-fill again only the payment services provider will be keeping your payment information.
What do we share, and why
We share information about you as least as possible to protect your privacy, here are the information we share and why:
- Employees and Contractors may gain access to some information about you in order to help provide our service. For example if we need to assist you with something or if we're investigating an issue on your account.
- Third Party Vendors may gain access to some information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to you. Like payment providers that process your credit card information, SMS and email delivery etc. services. These vendors are listed in in the "List of data sub-processors" section below.
- Legal Requests may force us to disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others we may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of dosattack.me, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent we may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our service.
If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information. Of course if you do this certain features may not be accessible or degraded. You can also choose at any time to close your dosattack.me account, in which case all data (personal or not) associated with your account will be removed from the service database instantly. Some information may still be present in our logs and backups though, and will definitely be gone after up to one week. You can access and update most of your personal information from the website directly, but if you have a more specific request (right to portability, to object, etc.) feel free to reach out to support (at) dosattack.me.
We do not have any mailing lists. We don't send any marketing email, only personal emails related to your account.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect your information against unauthorized access or alteration, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as keeping software up-to-date, restricting access to internal services and using state-of-the-art authentication and encryption methods.
Other Things You Should Know
Analytics service Provided by Others
List of sub-processors
dosattack.me uses the following products/services:
Amazon AWS, Contabo GMBH, Zoho Corporation B.V.